Easy Fast CWP Install
CentOS 7: Installer for CentOS 7
Set Host Nmae of Server/VPS at the host or by ssh. login.mydomain.com (For example) Then Login SSH and do these commands:
yum -y update && yum -y install wget
cd /usr/local/src && wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest && sh cwp-el7-latestOnce the installation is done you will be provided with an URL to access the panel and your MySQL root password, keep these details somewhere safe. Now, you have to reboot your server so that all the updates can take effect and CentOS Web Panel CWP is then fully setup for configurations in the GUI panel:
rebootNow login CentOS WebPanel Admin GUI at https://SERVER-IP:2087/ Username: root Password: your root password Update SSL by clicking change hostname in admin panel. In case you are log in over SSH using public key authentication and your root user doesn’t have a password, you will need to set one. After rebooting, log in to your server with SSH and enter the command:
passwdAnd set your password Notes:
CWP is a free and open-source web hosting control panel for CentOS Servers. CWP
CentOS Web Panel provides a powerful web interface through which you can use to manage your CentOS Servers and its services, apart from it CWP can also be used to create and manage shared hosting servers for business and commercial use not excluding private use.
When we install CWP it automatically installs full LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP). Apart from LAMP stack software is installed during CWP Installation.
- Email Server – Postfix, Dovecot, spamassassin, DKIM , Antivirus, Webmail (Round Cube)
- CSF Firewall and SSL generator
- User Management includes followings add and update local users, manage ssh session, FTP Users , User Limits and monitoring of user’s activities
- Live monitoring of system resources and services like Apache, Mail and FTP
- AutoFixer for your server configuration.
In this article we will discuss how to install and configure CWP on CentOS 7. Beneath are perquisites of CWP:
- Freshly Installed Minimal CentOS 7
- A Static or fixed IP
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM to install all modules or software otherwise 1 GB RAM for 64-bit system
- Minimum of 10 GB Hard disk Space
- Properly configured Hostname
Note: Once the CWP is installed on your CentOS Servers then we can’t uninstall or remove CWP, the only option is reinstalled your system.
Let’s jump into the Installation Steps:
Update your CentOS 7 server and then reboot.
1. Preparing Server Let’s install required packages for CWP installation yum -y install wget 2. Server Update Now we need to update your server to the latest version yum -y update 3. Reboot Server Reboot your server so that all updates can take effect. reboot
Download and Install latest version of CWP
Now you are ready to start CWP Installation
CWP installer can run more than 30 minutes because it needs to compile apache and php from source.
CentOS 6: New Installer with MARIA-DB 10-latest
cd /usr/local/src wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest sh cwp-latest
CentOS 7: Installer for CentOS 7
cd /usr/local/src wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest sh cwp-el7-latest
If the download link doesn’t work then you can use the following:
CentOS 6: http://dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/cwp2-latest
CentOS 7: http://dl1.centos-webpanel.com/files/cwp-el7-latest
Reboot your server so that all updates can take effect and CWP gets started.
OPTIONAL: INSTALLER ARGUMENTS
Available long name arguments
–restart yes (for automatic restart after successfull install)
–phpfpm [5.3|5.4|5.5|5.6|7.0|7.1|7.2|7.3] (you can use only one)
–softaculous yes (install softaculous – script installer)
Available short name arguments
-r yes (for automatic restart after successfull install)
-p [5.3|5.4|5.5|5.6|7.0|7.1|7.2|7.3] (you can use only one)
-s yes (install softaculous – script installer)
Example for centos 7 (you can combine short and long name arguments)
sh cwp-el7-latest -r yes --phpfpm 5.6 --softaculous yes
Any of this additional scripts can be also installed later from cwp gui.
CentOS Web Panel Configuration
Log in to your CWP server using the link provided by the installer on your server
CentOS WebPanel Admin GUI at http://SERVER-IP:2087/
Password: your root password
– Setup nameservers
– Setup shared ip (must be your public IP address)
– Setup at least one hosting package (or edit default package)
– Setup root email
& now you are ready to host domains…
For additional configuration instruction, please check CWP wiki/documentation site.
Our advice at VPSIE is before installing CWP buy a centos web panel pro licence it is around $1 per month and much better than the free version.